Thursday, February 09, 2006

not a bad week....

..considering I was really down on Monday and cried through most of my counselling session. But I bought the most wonderful fish and chips after, for my tea, and watched Life on Mars which made me laugh out loud......I love it.....

Tuesday evening I had a training session at the theatre with all the crew. I had worked on Sunday, arranging the lighting for the afternoon Tea Dance, which involved climbing the tallescope to change gels in lights up on the ceiling. I'm not frightened of heights, I don't mind actually being up there, it's more the climbing up and down and getting in and out of the railed platform at the top I don't like. Still, having focused the lights, I was able to then plot them on the lighting board and make the floor look pretty for the Oldies who would come to the tea dance...and satisfy the DJ, who is at least 85, and very fussy about his lighting!

The training session involved discussing health and safety procedures, back stage security, and learning how to tie various Useful Knots in lengths of rope. I was chuffed to realise that I learned the knots quicker than some of the younger male tech crew members, and was helping them to master them. I felt a bit like a scout leader! After messing about with some dodgy speakers, and standing round trying to sound knowledgeable about what might be wrong, it was 10 o'clock, and the whole crew retired to the pub for a beer. Except the sad, oldest crew member who went home to bed, a coffee and her book..I know I should have joined them, in the interests of being sociable...but my warm bed was calling....

Last night I ran the second session of my current Parenting Programme with parents young enough to be my children!!! and then today I went on a Child Protection training course. Can't believe it, ate my lunch with a police officer while we discussed the details of a recent baby rape case......unbelievable on all counts..

Rounded the day off by meeting my friend R for an orphans outing which involved coffee and shopping. Not as much buying as I would have liked, but we did try.....

The home for beans on toast and to watch an old episode of Judge John Deed I had missed. Splendid.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Glad you are hanging on in there...and you are a clever clever Sally to be able to do so many hugely different things,- lights, and knots and parenting classes all in one week..and holding so many feelings from so many different directions together.
I rather think you deserve a hug ((S))