Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Don't you just hate it when that happens?

I worked hard on that blog. Put my soul into it. And added a picture. Press publish - all gone. Sorry, just couldn't be a***ed to write it all again. In brief: went to nice Italian restaurant with Laura, ate lots, then went to cinema (no room for chocolate...) saw Memoirs of a Geisha. Enjoyed it. The end. I think I wrote something about the film, atmosphere, music, role of women in society..blah blah, sorry it's all gone.

Curled under a duvet on the sofa late Sunday afternoon with a bar of chocolate and a cup of tea and watched Forget Paris, a romantic comedy starring Debra Winger and Billy Crystal. It was lovely.

Then cooked the large joint of beef bought in the rain a the farmer's market that morning. It was off. Oh the smell. felt quite nauseous while it was cooking..didn't help when the dog puked on the carpet just before I served up. The roast potatoes were nice......

Tonight- oh tonight - went with friends to a concert at the Alban Arena. I knew I'd hate it, but hell, what else to do with Valentines' evening? It was more dire than I can tell you. A Viennese Strauss evening. It finished early. It's only redeeming feature.

And God has found a way of making sure I diet. A way to make sure that I only eat if I absolutely have to. And even then it will be soup. I can't tell you what it is, but I am being punished for a lifetime's addiction to chocolate.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

hmmm strauss walzes sound like so much fun. that and tea dances. you know, all you need is a set of false teeth and people will start thinking you're old.......

good job we all love you anyway.

1 i z said...

hmmmmm can I hear drilling sounds coming from the St A neck of the woods?