Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Now for the good news....

..Good news is that Laura and Mec have got engaged! They went to New York for a long weekend to celebrate his birthday, and he proposed.....so they came back with Good News, which is lovely, brilliant to see them so happy. They are in the middle of choosing the ring..well, Laura has chosen the stone and setting and now it is being made! See, another reaosn for me to diet, one day soon (in the next couple of years) I will be the Bride's Mother! And a Mother-in-Law! Doesn't bear thinking about.....

Looked through a few of my dad's things tonight which reduced me to a blubbering wreck, it doesn't happen that often, really, but it is bound to happen....drove to Laura and Mec's to find they were still out shopping, so rang friend Liz in order to talk and hear a voice on the end of the phone to calm me and just be there for me. Thank you, Liz, you did the trick.

I went into Laura and Mec's and had a cup of tera while they ate their dinner, (at 10.30pm, not healthy...) and me and Laura did Greenbelt gossip which Mec is used to now. I just wanted to hear about all her volunteers!!!! She said they are all lovely, and the tickets are nearly all out now, and Laura is looking relaxed and happy, which surprised me, considering! She is wondering what it will be like, in one month's time, to have her life back. Oh, we all wonder that, don't we?

I have offered to host an engagement party here, the day before I leave for Greenbelt. Just a house to clean and tidy, a front and back garden to weed and some planting needed....not to mention some food and drink....I must be mad....

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

You are indeed completely barking...but we love you anyway.
The engagement is great news - lovely to have something happy to focus on after such a hard year. Many congratulations and prayers for happiness ahead...