Friday, August 05, 2005

Not good inside my head...

Definitely not a good day. Not in my head anyway. In the office on my own, managed a bit of work, went out for coffee with my ex-Chair, had a good chat. Back to do a bit more work, but decided for various reasons that actually I couldn't do it anymore, couldn't concentrate, and definitely didn't want to talk to anyone. So decided to come home and sit in the garden with the dog, and then go swimming with Rosemarie. I did 20 lengths to her 30, so the proportions are getting better, I used to do half what she did. Had a coffee and a chat..she says she doesn't need Neighbours or Eastenders after she's listened to me for a while..much more entertaining.....

Our minister went to the World Baptist Convention last week in Birmingham, and phoned his wife to say he was bringing 3 Indian people back to stay, two pastors and a wife! who came for the conference but had little money and nowhere to stay..they were 'trusting the Lord to provide...' so G gave them the train fare to St Albans...they've been staying a week now, and cooked a meal for all the deacons and their partners, so despite feeling desperately anti-social and wanting to curl up in a dark corner, I went and did my deacon's wife bit. The two pastors preached to us and tried to convert us all very loudly, and praised God a great deal. I asked them when they were going back to India, they said August 17th..when I repeated that to the minister's wife, her smile froze and she said G would get a good slap and would 'pay' when they are gone......I suppose I could be generous and invite them to stay here...on second thoughts....

No comments: