Sunday, August 07, 2005

Meet Raymond...

I have to introduce you to Raymond! He is a present from the lvoely Caroline, who met us for a drink before James and I whizzed back on the M4 - I'm sorry, that should read 'crawled for hours'...I now own the most fabulous pen which is silvery and glittery and bendy and complete with large purple feathers, a beak, two eyes and purple featerh hair, not to mention the large plastic purple feet...the most bizarre pen, and Caroline's way of saying thanks for her lighting up cross pen....

When Caroline asked what I was going to call my new mate, James said, I think it's Raymond, now I think it's Raymond in drag and he is wonderful. Tomorrow he will have pride of place on my desk and he will stare at Nikki and Mary Anne with his wonderful beady eyes. Thank you, Caroline. James knows I am mad, thinks my frends are also made, btu also said he thought Caroline was lvoely. And of course he is rather taken with her car too!

It was a fun end to the day, after doing more clearing of mum and dad's house, and doing a bit of gardening, and cleaning, and filling the car with bags and boxes of stuff I can't bear to throw away. Not sure where it's all going to go yet...

And as well as Raymond (I will endevour to post a photo), there was a gift of yummy ginger and chocolate cake, which I had to sample straight away. Wonderful. Thank you Caroline. I lvoe friends like you. I even gave Caroline a family heirloom - one of my mum's unused magic impregnated duster brush thingies...she has passed it on to her cleaner!!

2 comments:

Caroline said...

lololollololol and indeed the lovely james is rather nice too....give raymond a fluff for me! great to see you xc

1 i z said...

We want photos!!!!

Of Raymond that is not the duster.

The idea of a paraffin duster is rather frightening and I'm sure you shouldn't have naked flames or flash photography anywhere close to it...