Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Diet? What diet?

One of those days....I knew it would be a hard week after my collapse on Monday evening. Emotionally vulnerable, but then I am clearing out and selling my parents' home, which is all a bit final. I mean, they are not here any more soon their home won't be and all the familiar things..so i know it will be hard.

But worked hard all day looking at the sunshine out of the office window...found it harder and harder to concentrate..but as I did lots of extra hours last week while everyone else was on holiday, getting my volunteers' newsletter out, and the printer went wrong on me, as it does when you have an important job on....and I had problems with the York***re B*nk, don't get me started on the whole call centre business..I did lose it and at one stage scream at the girl in the bank and said, I only want to close the account, you've been nothing but trouble since we started, and you're even making this difficult, and she said, I know, I quite understand, but we still need another signature....

Anyway, I felt I had done enough hours to warrant going home an hour early today, to sit in the sun for a bit, but by the time I got home it had clouded over, ho hum, so I walked the dog and gave in to walking and crying at the same time, huge tears and sobs because sometimes the pain is so raw..then I got ready and went to meet my good friend Dave Sh who took me out for a meal, and he is lvoely and we went to a Creperie and he didn't mention my red, swollen eyes, and I broke my diet and had lovely crepes and bananas and chocolate sauce and ice cream, and I drove him home, and he gave me a Huge Hug and I gave him one back, and isn't that what friends are for? He isn't too well, neither is the other Dave, so I am starting a poorly Dave's club. DC said they would be fighting over who has the most premier points.....anyway, back to the diet tomorrow......

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

Hugs from here...wish there were something more I could offer.

1 i z said...

Sally - don't worry, it's a well known fact that food eaten in order to assuage emotional distress has no net calorific value.

Lvoe you.

Rachel said...

I'm of the opinion that anything with fruit in it, just *has* to be good for you!! :)

Thinking of you lots. xx

Caroline said...

loads of hugs from here too. and further to liz's wisdom huge sobs are known to use up an equally huge amount of calories so if you ant my theory the net effect of eating chocolate crepes and having a good sob = 0 weight gain. works for me.