Saturday, August 06, 2005

Sally's Saturday...

Well, hardly any sleep last night, so up early. Tidied kitchen. Discovered Clive not working after all. So when DC turned up to take me into town and buy coffee, we all went. A threesome. Lvoely. Clvie bought the coffees. DC and I talked Greenbelt and other stuff non-stop - we haven't seen each other for ages, while Clive stared at the ceiling. After, he went off to buy a newspaper and I accompanied David to the olive stall. Laura appeared and came to say hello. I said, I'm part of a threesome today, just for a change. Oh yes, said Laura, what other weird friend have you got with you? Do you know, I think she insulted everyone with that remark. DC and I asked her how things were in the office and was it all organised, and she said we had spoiled her day off, she had been relaxed, but now she had chest pains. Her day off, she repeated. I said we are volunteers, we don't have days off.

DC's back and leg were bad, he was in pain, could hardly walk, so we all went home and he went to lie down and rest. I went shopping - food shopping - leaving Clive to mow the lawn. When I got home, Clive was laid up in agony with a bad back - really, you couldn't make it up - so I had to do the lawn. All that up and down with the mower, it's very therapeutic. After carrying all those Sainsbury's bags too. I have run Clive a bath, removed his socks and shoes, and then help him dress after.

We went to Jill and Ian's for dinner with friends, sat out in the garden to eat and nearly bloody froze to death. Now we are home and I have taken Clive's shoes and socks off again. I have my uses.

And this afternoon I followed the link from Steve's blog and watched the Coldplay video of Fix You. I lvoe that song. Have you lost something you can't replace? Do you lvoe someone and it's such a waste? Are the tears streaming down your face? You bet. Magic.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Oh Sally....I was waiting for you to end up with a bad back, having mowed the lawn AND carried Sainsbury's bags from pillar to post. Glad I was proved wrong.
Only 2 weeks till you're here in Cheltenham. Gin on ice...
hugs
xx