Friday, June 15, 2007

Two years ago today.....

..my dad died. We always thought of him as a cross between Cliff Michelmore and Harry Worth...(if you have to ask, you're too young....)

Two years on, I don't think of them every day any more. When I do, it's ok. The last time I cried? That's easy...on the morning after Laa's wedding, driving back from the hotel to home, on my own with my thoughts for twenty minutes. I thought about the wedding. About mum and dad not being there..and I tried to share it with them..to tell them their lvoely grand-daughter was happy, how beautiful she ahd looked, how proud they would have been....and I cried buckets (not advisable when driving down the A1, but hey..)..by the time I reached home and family I was ok again, composed...no-one knew.....

No-one knew about today, it's my special time to think about him. Now I can think about both of them with a bit more distance, remember them as they were before the awful last couple of years....

It's two years on. I am doing ok, I've 'moved on' as they say. But dad, awkward b*gger that you were, I lvoed you. And I've still got your glasses.....

4 comments:

1 i z said...

Huge hugs

sally said...

You can see who I got my nose from!!!!!

Kathryn said...

Oh sweetie...yes, it's when the kids do something special that I miss mine most too. My dad's anniversary tomorrow.
Hugs hugs xxx

Caroline said...

what nose? where? damn it, can't see anything without my glasses...

huge hug
xc