Monday, June 25, 2007

And more freedom....

Sunday dawned rainy so I stayed in bed reading, then spent time tidying (always needed!) and sorting out some clothes..I now have stuff in three wardrobes, let's be honest, I have too many clothes and probably wear 10% of what I have, most of it being too small for me!!! But one day....

I spent the morning pottering, listening to radio 2..but Steve Wright's Sunday Love Songs suddenly got to me, all that love and devotion, couldn't hack it any more so turned to my i-tunes...aah, that's better....I pottered, played on my laptop, did e-mails, did some work, did some ironing, listening to music I lvoe and ok, I admit it, doing some thinking about life, you can't help it, can you?

When I got the text from Rosemarie about 1pm inviting me to go for a swim, I thought, can I be bothered..but yes, I can, getting out will do me good, I am reaching the slightly tearful stage of thinking too much.....swimming will be good. I did another 20 lengths, and Rosemarie helpfully pointed out that these two recent visits has meant the average cost of a swim for me is going down from £100 to at least £70..ok, ok, I ought to go more often, I admit it... We had a coffee and a good gossip, and I talked about my total split personality....sometimes I am not sure who I am...

For instance, if someone you love and are close to and you try to help with stress and all that is going on their life, and they say thank you, but can I have some space to sort myself out please, I'll be back....I have two distinct reactions in my head..one is the What would Jesus do kind of thought? Give the person space, as long as they want, and when they return, you hold out your arms (metaphorically speaking) and smile lvoeingly and say, that's ok, I am here for you whenever you need me..that's one way...but the other way that's in my head is the horns sprouting out of head, eyes flashing red, flames out of mouth response of 'Glad you're sorted, now f*ck off, not interested any more,' kind of response..which is not quite so lvoing and caring, is it?

Or do you think there is a middle way?

Anyway, did more ironing, more e-mailing, made Clvie a cup of tea when he came home, before cooking and sleeping through Coast, what a lovely relaxing programme....

And thought, weekend of freedom over...the thing is...the reason for all his work is that he has, at last, sold the business, or will have by the end of the month, and will then be home..well, all the time...that will be a Big Change, won't it boys and girls????

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

aaargh
I so know what you mean
Just wrote a wildly indiscrete comment so have deleted it...but...well, i am glad that the spacious weekend was mostly good...and I suspect that the horns and red eyes approach is the one most of us would go with. Middle way? I'll let you know...
Hugs xxx

1 i z said...

Wow! Good swimming - you go girl! And you're down to only £3.50 per length, think of it like that ;-)

Sounds like it was a weekend of space all round.

Like Kathryn, totally understand the horn sentiment. But then if there's someone giving you space, I hope they go with the arms wide approach ;-)