Sunday, June 24, 2007

Freedom.....freedom?

A weekend of freedom..what does that mean? It means Clvie was working all weekend and I had two whole days on my own, being accountable to no-one, doing exactly what I wanted, when I wanted. For some people this is a regular thing, for others, it is unimaginable. I guess it might also be viewed several ways, according to your own particular standpoint - it might sound very lonely and sad, or it might be the most wonderful opportunity!!!

I actually like it: I am happy in my own company and my own space, but am aware I often rush to fill any free time in my enthusiasm to do lots, see friends, and suddenly the space is all used up. I felt I needed to take my time and have time on my own, and also get stuff done.

Saturday started slowly, mind you I got tea in bed at 7.15am when Clive left, so I was awake quite early....wrote a blog, did e-mails, leisurely got up, met Jill, walked the doggies, had coffee and croissants with a friend who popped round (bringing the croissants, how thoughtful) but the conversation that accompanied it was a bit soul searching and not easy...left me a bit upset but also ok if you see what I mean....

After a few domestic activities such as putting washing on, I left for London to go and help James move some stuff into Amy's flat. They are moving in together while they look for somewhere to buy. He is leaving a lvoely flat surrounded by trees near Highgate, to where Amy lives, deeper into London in an area with not a leaf in sight! So mixed feelings....and where will they afford to buy??? A time of change...

Moving was relaxed and friendly, and we ended up back in Highgate where we sat in a lvoely old pub all evening, chatting and eating, a really nice relaxing time, good to get to know Amy better and see James happy after a few turbulent years...

I drove home later than intended, but hey, that's fine, watched a bit of Glastonbury and headed for bed.

No comments: