Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year! Start as you mean to go on.....

Starting with..not getting to bed until after 2am, following a better night out than expected! Or rather, I was not in the mood, but I got better..... then sleep in and be brought a cup of tea by someone who is going to church but doesn't pressure you, so you stay in bed not feeling tooooo guilty (just a bit)... Well this is me, not you, so I am in bed, all alone, which this morning I am happy with! I have made another cup of tea and come back to bed with my laptop and the large bar of chocolate that Clive bought me for Christmas and I am still working through it!

Last night and this morning, my phone was bleeping with New Year greetings from friends..and when I look at the names....Maria, Shaun, Liz, Caroline, David.. yes all my lvoely, wonderful GB friends and I feel so lucky and loved and not at all alone, and although I felt pretty crap all day, in fact very crap, and unsure how I felt really..thinking over 'this time last year', you know how it goes, and Christmases past, and New Years past, when the children were small, and we stayed with my mum and dad, and it was fun (mostly!)...and this week is the first anniversary of my mum's death..how weird those words are to type and read still..so unreal..and this is such a long sentence, I really ought to breathe..and I have been feeling unsure and upset about certain relationships in my life, and what to do, but last night I felt positive, cared for and loved, and for that I thank you all.

New Year resolutions:
1. Eat more chocolate.
2. Lose weight.
3. Get out more.
4. Go to the gym and swim more.
5. Do Hospital radio again. I miss having my own show!
6. See more of my friends.
7. Laugh more and cry less.
8. Do more coffee/lunch/tea/dinner with friends
9. Go to more gigs. Steve Lawson on Jan 12th, the first????
10. Appreciate Sophie dog more, walk her a bit more, love her more, now she is 13 and has arthritis... :-(. But she has medicine.

Oh, sorry, what a selfish list. I should say save the world, give to the poor, live generously, do more for others, but as Jesus said, sort yourself out and get your own act together before you can be any good to other people. Or something like that.

Quarter to eleven. New year's morning. Still in bed. Eating chocolate. Talking to my friends. Love you all. Here's to next year. xxx

4 comments:

Caroline said...

hmmm, go with number 1 I say.

1 i z said...

Here's to 2006 - and as you say more laughing, less crying and lots of chocolate!!!

Stick said...

I can see a potential conflict between the first two items on your list... Enjoy the chocolate and enjoy the coming year.

sally said...

Stick, you don't do post-modern irony, do you?