Friday, December 30, 2005

Time to shop!

Have managed to fit in a fair bit of shopping in the last few days. On Tuesday Laura, James and I went to Habitat to investigate the Sale, and James found the very first item he designed for them, a bathroom rack. It had just come in that morning, just one, and so I bought it straight away! So in my bathroom is one of the first, if not the first chrome bathroom rack off the production line, and I keep taking people up to the bathroom to see it, as my son designed it..... there was an amusing moment as I was buying it, when the assistant at the next till spotted my purchase and says, 'Oh, that's nice, I didn't see that come in, I need a vegetable rack'..I thought James would throw an artistic tantrum, but he took it well, and now jokes about me having a vegetable rack in my bathroom....

I went in to work for an hour yesterday, and also had a quick coffee out with a friend, and a look at the shops, but bought nothing.

Today David made his usual annual shopping trip to the Galleria Outlet Centre to buy suits, shirts, etc for work in the sales. For the past two years I have accompanied as Style Advisor, and last year, avid blog readers may remember, Clive came too and we had a weird threesome in the shops...

This year Clive expressed an interest in going again, but when David arrived to pick him up, he changes his mind, so I went again, and over five hours advised on shoes, shirts, ties and a suit. Just the one this year. I bought a CD, a DVD and a Winnie the Pooh sticker calendar, so I had a great time and have things to play with now.

Of course when David rang this morning to suggest the outing, I was still in bed, given that a snowflake had passed the window, and I thought it dangerous to get up. The TV weather man said so, 'Don't go out.' 'Yes,' said David, 'That applies to Yorkshire, not Hertfordshire.' 'You can't be too careful,' I said, 'bring the Landrover and extras like a shovel, blanket, food and a flask.' 'We are only going to the Galleria,' he said, 'Two miles up the road, and any way, wouldn't it be fun to get stuck in a snow storm?' 'Oh yes,' I said, 'So just bring the blanket, a flask and some chocolate and don't bother about the shovel.'

Needless to say we got home safely. I am sitting in front of a log fire and the Christmas tree, eating chocolate. The mother in law has gone home, as has James - with my car. Clive is upstairs on the computer, so it's just me and the dog. More chocolate then....and time to think what I am going to do with myself in the New Year...more of the same? Or shall I make drastic changes? Place your bets.....

No comments: