Tuesday, January 17, 2006

This could be the last time......

...to quote Mick Jagger. No, not the last time I blog, nothing that serious, but the last time I drive my car for a while. After many, many, many years as a conviction free driver, I managed to get caught by speed cameras on four occasions between April and June last year.

Tomorrow I go to court in Bath to stand in front of magistrates and plead with them not to take my licence away cos I am a good girl really, and I need my car for my job, and I was on my way to various fun things at the time, your honour, such as visiting my dad seriously ill in hospital, on my way to his funeral etc etc.

This evening I get the train to Bristol and will be met by the lovely Caroline and we will go out and find something to eat. Don't worry, I have booked a restaurant. Haven't checked for accessibility but I'm sure it will be fine. Or I'll bring her dinner out to the car.

Anyway, now I am going to the dentist, the first of three long appointments..don't ask..just feel very sorry for me...I will drive there and back carefully and safely and appreciate the joy of driving my little silver car...just in case..... oh I always wanted a part in a court drama. I have written my script. I mean statement. Caroline and my solicitor have read it and say it is fine. Come on, let's have your predictions here...will I convince them to let me off???? What do you think??? (Prayers after 10am tomorrow will be appreciated..)

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

10.00 now, so I'm too late to post really but sending hugs and prayers regardless.