Monday, December 10, 2007

St Agnes Fountain

Last year, my cousin introduced me to this band, St Agnes Fountain, and I lvoed them instantly. Hearing them live at Hitchin folk club, and having their CDs to play added a new dimension to my Christmas music collection, and I booked to see them again as soon as tickets were available. This band only gets together for December each year, and tours for the whole month with its individual take on old Christmas classics.

I bought a CD for D last year, and knew he would lvoe to hear them live, so as an early Christ,as present I treated him and H to tickets for this year's Hitchin gig. So, last night, I drove D and H and Clive, to the pub where we had a lovely meal and drinks - some had hot mulled wine - not me, I was driving! and then joined the throng to hear the wonderful seasonal music of St Agnes Fountain. It was magic. A wonderful way to get into the Christmas spirit.
It was good to see C there, with her two daughters. We shared a hug or two.

D and H had never seen the band live. I think they lvoed them as much as I did. I hope they appreciated their early Christmas gift.

Apart from the music, was it a successful evening? Well, as they say, nobody died.

3 comments:

Caroline said...

now let me see, you, C, D and h. gee that sounds like a great combination for a no holds barred night out! glad you managed to enjoy it regardless (or at least, having given due regard to...)
love you
xc

Rainbow dreams said...

am so pleased you enjoyed it - I hope they appreciated it too...x

Disillusioned said...

It was a great night, wasn't it?

we have been playing our CDs non-stop in the car this week - it's put the girls and I into something more of a holiday spirit.