Friday, December 07, 2007

Busy, busy, busy...

Never known a time like it at work, so incredibly busy and hardly any time to visit families!! Been recruiting for a new member of staff so we can expand a bit or at least cope better with the number of families and volunteers we have, and last night was spent shortlisting the application forms..we started at just gone 6pm and finished at 10.30pm..looking at 32 forms in detail, and three of us discussing our points (Mark is a hard marker and I am generous, but we still agreed on the top six!) We are going to offer a first interview to seven people, so that is next Wednesday taken care of!

Then one morning I had a business breakfast, starting at 7.30am, followed by a busy day, then in the evening was the guest speaker at the local Flower Club AGM, where they gave me a cheque for £100 (well, not me personally...) There followed a demonstration of how to make your own Christmas wreath, starting with a bent wire coat hanger, a bit of oasis, and lots of greenery poked in for good effect. Then all the ladies moved to a table each, got out their own coat hangers, oasis and greenery, and began to make their own. There was much excitement. I moved around the tables offering encouragement, then I was offered a spare coat hanger and bits to make my own..sadly I was poor company and made my excuses to leave, saying it had been a long day, now it was 9pm and I wanted to go home for my tea. If I wasn't such a miserable cow I could have stayed and joined in, and now I would have my own wreath hanging up on my front door. It's my own fault....

Today I must go in and try and sort my desk out, write the interview offer letters (I have no staff on Fridays) and then go to DCs this afternoon (who will be back from Yorkshire on time) for a Ch*lsmford festival meeting I set up earlier this week. I do hope he isn't late..otherwise I can't promise there won't be blood spilt..and it won't be mine....
And if one more person says, 'All ready for Christmas, then?' in a cheery voice, they will get a good slap...

2 comments:

Rainbow dreams said...

you always sound busy to me Sally...
and needing food and rest would take priority over a Christmas wreath for anyone who had had such a long day...
hope you get some time to rest this weekend, Katie, x

oh and I do hope he's on time too :)

Kathryn said...

Ah Sally, you see, you could have applied the bent wire coathanger to if necessary, even without greenery and oasis...It all sounded wonderfully Joyce Grenfell - but I guess I would have fled home too. Exhaustion might have led to a bedraggled and discouraging wreath, so wise move in the end.