Saturday, October 06, 2007

Then there was Greece....


..or the Island of Samos, to be precise, close to the Turkish border...after a season of festivals, and a lot of work, and with post S*gar Hill work, together with another meeting for the festival we are project managing next July, and loads of work at work, ie my proper day job, and my AGM coming up, and an annual report to prepare, I got a bit stressed....




So the prospect of spending the last week of September on a beach somewhere was very appealing (and explains the blog silence) and before I went I handed over all (or as much as possible) to my business partner, and he promised to see to everything, and I was to simply enjoy my holiday and leave everything to him.

Well, that's ok then.....there were only a few phone calls, and two sessions on the internet checking e-mails, and one call taken on the beach and hearing the famous words, 'Sally, can you sort this out, I have left messages for Dave, and I can't get hold of him and he hasn't returned my calls,'....one terse voice mail later, it seems to have done the trick....

Anyway, I almost relaxed, but then the builders were in working on the kitchen (yes, I still don't have one) and my secretary was working on the annual report, and the AGM was the day after I got back, and I had my talk to write...so I couldn't switch off completely...

Still..it was good...the hotel, the food, the beaches, the sea, the island...a week was not long enough...but then I wanted to come home and see my friends...I miss them....and here are the pics...

1 comment:

Rainbow dreams said...

it looks beautiful from the photos...welcome back, x