Friday, October 26, 2007

Bored now....

Been awake on and off...since about 4.30am I gave up..got up, let dog out, took nurofen, made hot milk (would have added whiskey but in the kitchen chaos, can't find it), read the paper, now it's 5 to 6am, and still wide awake....

Came home from work early and went to bed, just lay listening to music and trying to relax ... Laura came round after work and found me not in a good state.. she was lovely and caring and understanding, but I don't want her to see her mum this bad... anyway, we talked and shared loads and got a Chinese takeaway and had a good evening..I am so very lucky that she lives close by and we can catch up like this. We are promising ourselves a major shopping trip very soon...

The kitchen is causing me great stress, problems with plumber and project manager, how is it they talk to me as if I was stupid?? I am not... I was promised it would be finished and it isn't. Came home yesterday expecting to find worktops fitted and they are not. Cupboard doors hung but some the wrong way round...I took Laa into the kitchen to show her and unfortunately the stress of it means I just can't cope with it, and I just cry..she says it really is going to be ok and will look good..but agrees there are some issues. I need to ring the builder in the morning, but I can't face the stress..

Still, I will go into work for a bit, then come home and pack, and hop on a train heading north. Just for 24 hours I will be away from it all, and with good friends. Heaven.

5 comments:

1 i z said...

errr am I missing the reason as to why the retired party, with a technical background and time on his hands, isn't taking care of the problems?

Will be lovely to see you this weekend, your bed is all made up (plus some towels, shower gel, shampoo and hairdryer laid out - I know you're nound to have forgetten something, but I'm sure we'll cope!).

Of course you may wish to avoid my kitchen, where one wall is still bereft of it's cupboard after the 'falling off the wall' incident - I wouldn't want the sight to set you off crying ;-)

Kathryn said...

Oh sweetie - it sounds so much like when we were doing up our house at Gt Rissington...For months on end there were builders everywhere, using money we didn't have and constantly discovering more dry rot/wet rot/missing tiles or something else expensive...and all my friends were in London...and I couldnt' even ask anyone who might have turned into a friend round for coffee cos I didn't have a single room. It was quite the bleakest period of my life, - even tho I quite liked my husband at that point...so I sympathise with every fibre of my being. Hope Manchester escape really helps
hugs xxx

Disillusioned said...

hugs

Caroline said...

so, seriously, even allowing for the situational stress and dperession and the grieving and the hormones.....how about a diagnosis of narcolepsy? An irresistable need to nap, often without warning, during the day and disturbed night sleep often mistaken for insomnia. Check out wikipedia et al! a college colleague had this (her excuse for falling asleep in lectures) and had the advantage of being prescribed 'speed'. what with my opiates and her speed there was potential for a stormingly good business....

Rainbow dreams said...

why, oh why, does building work have to be so stressful?
Hope the weekend helped you feel better, hugs... and hope they managed to sort some bits and make some progress...Katie,xx