Monday, October 22, 2007

A guaranteed way to get me to sleep...

Oh yes, let me lie down in a comfy bed at night, and insomnia strikes almost instantly. So the best way for me to get some sleep is to pay out good money for something I really want to see, a good film, theatre, or..let me see...a folk group...and I go out like a light, as if drugged. At one point during the film Ratatouille last week, I woke myslef up with my snoring....

Tonight I did make it to the folk club in Hitchin, and C was quite keen to come too, it was the thought of having dinner in the bar first, he couldn't face another microwave dinner, and last night's m&s spag bol had him sitting up in bed until nearly 2 am apparently, feeling quite nauseous.

Anyway,we went, and saw and heard the amazingly talented Spiers and Boden. They could call themsleves John and Jon, but perhaps not...I did stay awake for a lot of it, and very good it was too. I first came across them at the Wickham Festival, which my cousin took me to last year, and after he lent me some of their CDs and now I am a great fan. They are leading members of the band Bellowhead - you may remember me mentioning them at Cambridge Folk Festival....

A better day, did some tidying, had a long talk with my auntie, walked the doggie in the autumn sunshine, was joined by DC walking the three legged dog, which he only does about twice a year. It would have been lvoely if I hadn't picked an argument, quite unnecessarily, and got the strop, when actually a walk in the warm autumn sunshine through a carpet of fallen leaves with company and at least one enthusiastic doggie to chase a ball..well, if things are going too well I just spoil it, don't I! I blame the hormones.....
After doggie walking I went for tea and cake with Jacky and Peter. As we were chatting I said, oh B*gger, I meant to bring some washing over, I forgot it. Then, as I was leaving, I was getting in the car, and Jacky pointed at the basket of clothes on the passenger seat and said, what's that? And then it dawned on me..and we both giggled a bit..and I took my dirty washing home again.
Well, time to attempt sleep I think! Goodnight, lvoely friends.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

and now good morning lovely friend. i hope that last night was a peaceful one - no 3am blog entry so that's possibly a good sign!
hug
xC

1 i z said...

Thanks for the phone link to the gig last night...very errr Captain Pugwash their sound ;-)

Regarding your insomnia dilema, maybe you could extend the current building project to incorporate a mini stage and cinema screen in your bedroom and then arrange little gigs and screenings to get you off to sleep?

Well it's got to be the most inventive excuse going for inviting a performer 'back to yours'... ;-)