Thursday, August 10, 2006

More festival pictures....




Some proper pics, you would expect...and some from a sad Ops person, of the side access to the 'car park' festival site., cos I was concerned about disabled access, and health and safety etc..... the only access, in fact, and that had no lighting the first night!!! You can imagine event he smallest crowds going through in the dark, and falling over those little wooden posts, cleverly wrapped in tiger tape..and bubble wrap.....

The main act on Thurs evening on mainstage, playing to , maybe about 300 people??? were a folk duo called John Spiers and John Boden (pictured here) and they were bloody good..now am proud owner of 2 new CDs!!!!!

Friday we had a lazy start to the day, breakfast in the adjoining hotel, shopping in the village shops for supplies..then I had a long phone call after which I was upset (so what's new I hear you say...) and my cousin waited patiently, then sat me down listened and talked, and made me a cup of tea, and didn't mind at all that we missed the afternoon at mainstage..he was an amazing and very astute listener and giver of advice..he is a trained legal arbiter and sums up evidence very succinctly!!!!! Dried tears and a big hug later, we were ready to go to the evening session...and what a great evening it was..more later.....

1 comment:

Caroline said...

:) hug,