Wednesday, August 02, 2006

It could only happen to me??????

Or so my friend Jacky says when she is rolling round the floor at my latest story.

I have a cousin, older than me who I haven't really seen much as I grew up, we lived at opposite ends of the country, then he was married, so hardly met up. Then in the last five years, we have met up at five funerals and a wedding... Uncle Bill, Aunty Sue, Aunty Terry (his mum) then cousin Tobie's wedding, then my mum and my dad..we got to know each other quite well and earlier this year James and I went to stay with them, and we discovered that we are both folk addicts, and also festival goers!

We said we must go to a music festival together!!! We haven't spoken in months and last week he rang out the blue and said would I like to go to a festival near here, this weekend? Um..yes thank you i said, envisaging driving to meet him somewhere just for Sat and Sun, maybe even go in my litte tent overnight!

No, he rings back, tickets are booked for the festival near Southampton, from Thurs to Sunday, no B&Bs around but he has found us a cottage for three nights! So he is driving down from Liverpool tomorrow to pick me up so we don't miss the opening band!!!!

So..four days with a guy I only see at weddings and funerals. Might be ok....I made Jacky laugh cos I was obviously worried about going but just couldn't say no..I said, 'And I teach assertiveness!'

No comments: