Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Counting down....

Went through all the stuff on the floor of the 'new room': we still call it that although it was converted from the garage to a room more than 10 years ago...what can we call it? There is the lounge, the kitchen...and the new room.....it is, or was, my room, so we could call it Sally's room....it was once my therapy room - where I worked as a therapist, giving it rather than receiving it!! It is where the piano is, and all my music, and guitars, and where I used to teach the guitar, so was called the music room for a while..then it just became a dumping ground, for kid's stuff not wanted on voyage, pre/post gap years/uni/various flats/ then for my parents' stuff: full of boxes, records, books. two TV's, unwanted pcs, the ironing....yes, I am trying to sort it out to reclaim it as a room.

It represents inside my head....all the time the room is a mess, I am a mess. As I am sorting the room out, and clearing it, so I am getting sorted out. Well, in one corner, on the floor was a pile of GB front Desk/Training stuff, probably been there since last year, and I have gone through it and binned some out of date information.

I went into the attic last night (well, actually, sent Clive, like a chimney sweep boy, and he passed down four heavy boxes labelled Front Desk, and I will go through them tonight and remind myself what we have, and what I need to buy...oh goody, stationery shopping!!!!!

The week is slipping by, and there is a lot to do, washing, ironing, packing for Sunday, work (unfortunately) wallpapering for Laura when the paper arrives, cleaning and tidying the house and providing proper food for Saturday, when James will bring a 'friend' home for a proper visit..oh help...

7 comments:

1 i z said...

I think you should call it the "secret room", as I have visited and stayed at your house several times and have been completely oblivious to it's existence.

I can visualise where the garage is, but I can't picture an internal door to it...

Under the stairs? Don't think so, it's shoes and Sophie Dog from memory.

From the kitchen? Possibly, but don't recall it.

I know - there's a scret panel in the downstairs cloakroom isn't there? Do you have to turn the taps in a certain way or something?

Shaun said...

Perhaps in one of the wardrobes in the bedrooms upstairs theres a secret entrance to it, like one of those fireman's pole that sally slides down into the room from above, whilst getting into a superhero style costume to assume her alterego...

(yes I am bored at work)

sally said...

lol..I am so bored I have come home early! Am sitting in bed with laptop.....would tidy secret room but can't find it.....oh roll on next week, I so need you guys!!! eeeuuw, how 'Friends' is that!

Kathryn said...

Oh Sally
You getting down the front desk boxes feels like the start of the best part of the year to me...
Love and hugs and longing to see you soooooon xxx

Rainbow dreams said...

wow that sounds incredibly busy - you'll have earned your time away several times over by the time you get there - and if I don't get to say it before have a great time Kx

Caroline said...

front desk? front desk? greenbelt has a front desk? really? what happens there then? is it like a receptionist is a smart NEXT suit filing her nails?

Shaun said...

why?, are you looking for something to do that weekend :P