Thursday, February 28, 2008

View from the wheel!

The second day's training was as good as the first: but the best bit was that, at 4pm when all the other delegates legged it for their trains, I just waved them off. I was doing what I always want to do after long days of training, that is, stay on at the hotel and relax.

Time on my own. Precious space. Away from everyone and everything. Just me. To do what I want. After two days cooped up in a basement training room, I longed to get out, get some fresh air and see Manchester, home of my studies at Manchester Poly School of Theatre, all those years ago.

I walked into the city, spotted familiar places, and places much changed and awesome. I went into H*bit*t and took some photos of furniture designed by their head of furniture design, a handsome talented chap called J*mes..... I told the very young very gay assistant that my son had designed them, and he practically had an orgasm on the spot and said he loved J's designs, stroked my arm and said how pleased he was to have met me. I made a young man very happy.

I went into M&S and bought a skirt. It's lovely. I will add it to the other 350 items in my wardrobe I will get into if I just lose a bit more weight.....

Then I turned a corner and saw it...the wheel!!! Oooh, how exciting! I paid my money and got into my very own capsule and went round 4 times, squeaking with excitement, feeling Piglet like, and took loads of photos and felt happy and free.

As it began to get dark, I decided to head back to the hotel before I got lost, mugged or a bit scared out on my own in the big city....I ordered dinner in the restaurant, watched TV in my room and then ran a very hot, deep, bubbly bath and lay and relaxed while my favourite music played on I tunes. Heaven.

Dinner in the restaurant (the Polish receptionist said I should book,) when I got there it was totally empty, I really was alone, so I ordered my meal from the very nice young Polish waiter (yum, I wonder what time he finishes....) and read my book while waiting.

Just to be really reckless and show I know how to live, I ordered their ice cream dessert and a pot of fresh coffee to be taken up to my room, and retired to sit in bed and watch Ashes to Ashes. The ice cream was good.....

Time to read my book, On Chesil Beach, alone in my big double bed (no change there then) and then lay down and sleep and dream of tomorrow, when my prince was coming to rescue me....

6 comments:

Caroline said...

we want a blog post!

huge hugs
hope you're ok?
miss you.
more hugs
xC

Caroline said...

we still want a blog post.
love you
hug
xc

Rainbow dreams said...

who has abducted you Sally? I hope it's a handsome prince, hope you're ok,
Katie
x

Disillusioned said...

Echoing the thoughts above.

Rachel said...

where are you?! I've finally be back online and browsing - and it seems you've gone missing online too. Hope all is well.

Thinking of you. Love Rach xx

Rainbow dreams said...

Hi Sally, hope you're ok - miss you, Katie, x