Sunday, February 24, 2008

The truth and nothing but the truth.....

The comments on my last blog entry ask what the reaction was to my 'shocking' statement, and if it was true. Cos if it wasn't true, I shouldn't have said it. Ok, the truth.....it is true, I did say it. But not loudly enough for the whole group to hear, only a colleague I know quite well (she does the same job as me in the next district), she is as mad as a hatter, brings out the worst in me and does me good cos she enables me to be outrageous and have a laugh....I wouldn't have made that comment to many people, but it was worth it to get a reaction..she wasn't shocked (nil points) but she did laugh and almost choke (dix points)

Cos you see, what is more important to me than the truth is making someone laugh. My role on this planet, making people laugh. Later on, over coffee and a pain au chocolat in the new St Pancras station, and we started talking about men, and relationships (as you do) and the lvoely K texted me about my forthcoming trip to Manchester, and how the lvoely S was going to take me shopping on his day off, I told my colleague I would be spending the day shopping with a vicar, she said, 'I went to a wedding once and ended up sleeping with the vicar,' (you can see why I like her).

During the conversation, and we got on to the subject of how difficult men were, and how women were so much easier, I managed to get to the line 'Well, come on, we've all thought about it..' (Only Liz and Caroline will get this...) well, her mouth fell open and for a minute she looked at me, speechless. Bingo!!!! Yes, I shocked her..oh how we laughed.....

After we went our separate ways to get our trains home, I was walking to my platform to St Alb*ns, and I passed the Euro star sign saying This Way for Eurostar to Paris and Brussels.... I paused. I looked. Boy, was I tempted. Just up the escalator and on to the train......and gone. Is this how people disappear...a moment of madness....then freedom.

I was going for it. Then it dawned on me..I didn't have my passport. Oh well, I'll just go home for my tea.

3 comments:

Caroline said...

noooooooo silly, i meant is it true that you give a good...... :)

good grief i love you!

Disillusioned said...

Glad you didn't take the train.

After all, you would have missed "Rejoice the Voice" if you had decamped...

sally said...

Caroline, I know exactly what you meant...................................:)