Friday, August 03, 2007

Work, food, more work, fruit teas n other stuff....

Been a busy week, with 2 night at the cinema.. I am tired than usual..fell asleep during both films..went round to Laa's on Thursday evening, was invited to stay for a takeaway, I was delighted, but unsure what on earthe I could eat..takeaways are not renowned for healthiness...anyone they opted for Indian so I had chicken korma, it's all I can eat Indian wise...probably not dairy free..maybe wheat free..but I enjoyed it but managed less than half..then we were watching Location x3 on the TV and laa turned to speak to me and I was fast asleep.....

Even swimming on Weds, I managed only 18 lengths to Rosemarie's 48, and she commented I was much slower than usual..I was, I swam like a snail and absolutely had to give up at 18, 20 was a bridge too far.....

Fell asleep at my laptop at work one afternoon, much to the amusement of Dave-next-door-but-one who now snores or sings a lullaby whenever he is passing.....

I am sleeping well tho, just not enough.

Work has been hard, lots of families with problems, crises..endless phone calls...cancer, tumour, gran's died, my benefits have stopped, the council took the floor up cos of the damp and haven't come back to fix it..can't cope..volunteer on holiday..I took the plunge and rang one of my volunteers already supporting a family and asked her to help with a family in real crisis, as their own volunteer was away. We don't usually offer holiday cover! She said yes immediately, what, this afternoon? What a star. What lveoly, lovely people my volunteers are. We fixed up a meeting for Monday. A part of me just wanted to go round myself and spend the afternoon playing with small children to give the mum a break, but as kind as that would be, it's not my job. So I found someone else. That is my job!

And camomile tea is not a vile as I first thought.....

No comments: