Thursday, August 02, 2007

Healthy, healthy, healthy....

Now you will find me eating healthy snacks such as these....fruit and nut bars....drinking water or fruit teas....fresh fruit..salad, rice, beans, pulses, fresh vegetables..I spent so much in the health food shop buying such products as soya milk and corn spagetti, that I am waiting for a call from the bank to say someone must have stolen my card....

I never, ever thought I could do it. The need for cups of tea and coffee was overwhelming. I made cups at work for the others just so I could go through the motion..kettle on, spoon coffee into mug, sniff..... I hate fruit teas. Fortunately, thanks to Caroline, who sent me a box last year, I had a large stock and am making my way through them. Now I come to bed with a cup of camomile tea....who would have thought....lunch was a tuna, rice and bean salad with tomoatoes, beetroot, oat biscuits and seeded humous..and do you know? It was delicious......

During the first few days I was going to ring the nutritionist and say, sorry, I can't do this, it's just too hard for me. But amazingly enough, I am doing it. I have lost a couple of pounds..not much. But my stomach is better. And so is my congestion, and asthma. So there......this morning I had gluten free muesli and soya milk. It wasn't too bad, except it was rock hard and quite dry and took me 15 mins to chew 5 mouthfuls.... mmmm... lvoely....

Last night went to see Harry Potter. Slept a lot. Was a little bored. But glad to see that wizards celebrate Christmas....

Tonight went to see Hairspray. Slept a lot. Rosemarie kept waking me. I'm glad. It was good, it was fun, to be recommended. And look who I met while I was there....




10 comments:

Rainbow dreams said...

I'm so pleased your new diet is helping and impresed that you are sticking to it so well... I'd be terrible - have thought about it often as I've heard so many people say it helps.
And we're off to see the simpsons tomorrow apparently...
what did you nibble on while you were there?

sally said...

Um..now you have me..seeing Harry Potter the previous night I ahd nothing, and by 10pm was so bored and falling asleep I was desperate for a coffee..I went out to get one and found the counter had closed!!!!! Grrr..

Laight, after a healthy meal of grilled chicken and salad and fresh orange juice I decided to break my diet and join Rosemarie in a cappucino and a few chocolate covered raisins, as is our routine at the cinema. I did lvoe the cappucino...nectar..but I will admit my stomach is paying for it this morning..will that be the dairy do you think??? back to a glass of water this morning.....

Stuart said...

Never mind sticking to the diet. Look at the evidence she ate Bart! I tell you the woman ate Bart.

Rainbow dreams said...

lol did I look at the photo right the first time - it was the early hours... Sally what did you do with Bart??

oh and was hairspray that dreadful? just wondering - we have a limited choice of films here?

sally said...

No Hairspray was brill!!! It was very funny...a definite girlie film..go with your daughter!!!!

1 i z said...

I'm sure Bart must contain gluten at the very least. She'll come to regret her decision I tell you...

Seriously though are you going to be on the diet for Greenbelt...I know people manage it, but it'll be difficult.

Oh and Shaun, if this means that Sally is off the doughnuts, then I fear my usual offer of payment to secure the last one will be dramatically reduced...market forces you know ;-)

sally said...

Oohh.I'd do anything for a donut..what was it I promised to so, can't remember Liz???? As Steve knows, I'll do anything even without the offer of a donut... :)

sally said...

I should say that as I write I have a cup of fruit tea next to me (yum) and a handful of nuts and raisins. Who needs coffee or biscuits?????? sob......

I suspect the answer is, at GB I will try....just a little bit.....I will be first in the queue at Nuts cafe!!!

sally said...

And then it dawned on me..I keep commenting on my own blog....

Kathryn said...

Not really talking to yourself, though...honestly. We're all eavesdropping like mad and enjoying the process. I have to say that I've just abandoned the low fat lose 2 stone by yesterday diet I was trying on the basis that summer is no fun if everyone else is eating yummy things around me...but I'm very happy to be your runner for healthy food from the fleshpots of Cheltenham if that might help.