Friday, August 10, 2007

Another Friday, Another Festival.....


Yes, I hev decided to give it a go.....well, with another complimentary ticket and a backstage pass, and no obligation to work at all..just sit in the sun and drink in the music....off I go to Fairport's 40th Convention....
The tent is found, along with the mallet, torch and soft things to sleep on..I have put this tent up twice in six years..on both occasions at this festival, on both occasions it poured...not this year, third time lucky!
I swore I wouldn't go again..I went two years ago on my own, just months after losing both parents, and nearly..well..not nearly..I did fall apart with the lonliness of being with thousands of people and yet so alone. Only pride stopped me from packing up and returning home..where I was almost as lonely any way...............
So, to prove how far I have come, it may be madness, but I am off again, stronger and more determined, to have two days of sun and good music..and maybe find a few friends....
See ya later! Now, mustn't forget the toilet roll.......

2 comments:

Disillusioned said...

Consider me very very envious - not of the camping (!) but certainly of being at Cropredy, and of the backstage pass. Hope the sun shines on you - enjoy the wonderful music and the people.

Rainbow dreams said...

have a lovely time Sally - thinking of you, x