Friday, August 17, 2007

Nearly time....

for the interrupting cow to go up in to the loft and get out the Front Desk boxes....work has been progressing steadily on the radio sign in/sign out sheets: Parcel Collection/Delivery sheets: key signing sheets: on site contacts list: tears over excel files that will not so what they should do....

Working on three festivals as well as doing my full time day job...wrote a funding bid last week...heard today I have got the £7,000 I asked for! Not lost my touch! Money to recruit a new part time member of staff and more volunteers... met some interesting people this week...heard their stories... humbling..there but for the grace of God, go I....children unloved, unhappy childhoods, homelessness, drugs, drink, prison,...then a baby..and a reason to change? A reason to hope? To rewrite the book? Move forward...with a little help, maybe....

Bought this moo-ing cow key ring today to bring to GB..seemed like a good idea at the time! Also have an oinking piggie and a quacking duck..well, they make me smile....

Need to smile, had a few tears this week, had a bad time....got very low, and hurt and angry, and didn't cope..thank God for friends like my friend Jacky who reponds instantly to a tearful phone call and comes to find me walking the dog, and sits and listens..again....and offers hugs.

And Rosemarie. For the swimming. And the lvoe. And the friendship.

And I think I am so grown up. Who am I kidding? Still so vulnerable.....

Still, nearly time...to spend time with more good friends....moo.....

3 comments:

Rainbow dreams said...

not sure we ever really grow up...we all need love and hugs and someone to listen.
Want to ask what you'll be doing with the cow, pig and duck...
Have a great time at GB, Katie,x

Kathryn said...

So looking forward to seeing you...hugs ready and waiting ((S)) xxx

Merlin said...

Oh good grief. I AM NOT going to resppond to radio calls to treat mooing cows, let's make that clear right now.