Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Busy bunny....

Relaxed Sunday, busy Monday...

Jill and I were going to do another car boot sale, but given the forecast of torrential rain from the early hours, all day, I cancelled at 11pm Sat night. I am a fair-weather car boot sale person. Of course I awoke Sunday morning to the sun streaming in..oh well, I had slept in until 8am - yippee! no bad thing...the expected rain did not arrive, Jill and I dog walked instead, I relaxed in the garden and even snoozed on the sun lounger and felt warm, for the first time in weeks. When we had just a few drops of rain, I headed inside and did some more festival work..

Friends dropped by for afternoon tea, and we were able to sit out in the garden, always good with a hyper-energetic 6 year old boy around....then Clvie suggested eating at the pub, no argument from me, altho steak and ale pie and chips followed by hot chocolate brownie and ice cream won't look good on my diet diary I am keeping for the nutritionist I am seeing on Friday - did I mention that????

A busy Monday with work, including a meeting where both Rosemarie and I lost the will to live....I was not feeling brilliant and considered at one point either punching someone or walking out..however I clung on to professionalism by my fingertips and lasted the two hours ten minutes...ggrr...

I also visited a young Bangladeshi mum, living with her family in a council flat in a village nearby, on an estate where they are probably the only non whites!!!! She was born and brought up near me, and went to the same schools as my kids, but is in between in age so doesn't know them...fascinating to listen for an hour and a half and have a window into someone else's life (as I am so often privileged to do) but feel sad as she describes standing at the nursery gate and being totally ignored by all the other mums, most of whom probably don't realise, by looking at her in traditional dress, that she can speak English. In fact, with her college education and work in a bank, she is better educated and speaks better English than they do....if she could only be housed back in St Albans, only a matter of 5 miles away, she would not experience the isolation she feels in this village.....unbelievable in this day and age, but maybe fear and suspicion is worse now with recent events.....

Anyway, after a brief visit to the office, I departed for my evening job in festival events, and an interesting evening it was too.....

1 comment:

Caroline said...

sally love, i love reading this but am a tad concerned about you blogging it...so much don't want you in trouble again.
love you
xc