Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Merry Crimble...

..as John Lennon used to say. I have to blod today or I am in danger of becoming a once-a-week blogger which wouldn't do at all!

Here I am sat in front of a roaring log fire (or would be if it didn't look dangerously like going out.....the logs are slightly charred.....) but the tree lights are on and sparkly and there is a promise of snow outside, so it still feels like Christmas, even if it is officially over...

I am eating chocolate and drinking tea, feeling virtuous cos I have taken Sophie out for a post-Christmas walk in the cold..that's my first outing for three days! Didn't even make it to church Christmas morning, which is a first...best draw a veil over Christmas morning...at least Clive stayed at home with me, realising I needed company and he ought to provide it...that's a first!

James, Laura and Mec were with us for Christmas Day, and it was lovely. We even played Trivial Pursuit!!

What to do for dinner tonight...cold turkey? Turkey risotto? Turkey curry? Turkey soup? Oh, I'll just have another piece of chocolate.......

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

Sally, it's not over for AGES yet....not till 6th at the earliest...and the crib can stay up till Candlemass...so go on eating chocolate and ignoring turkey left overs (we have a turkey mountain...teh butcher lost our order so we had to have a bird about twice as big as we had wanted...)and enjoying the good bits. And things will get easier with the New year, I'm sure...and your friends love you lots xx

Caroline said...

so much chocolate so little time

Caroline said...

awwww you promised me you would blog today. now I'm going to have to read Readers Digest instead. ya boo sucks