Saturday, March 11, 2006

Oh happy day.....

..oh happy day..to come to blog world and find that lots of my blog friends have been blogging, and there is lots for me to read!!!! What did I do before blog world was in my life?? Oh, that fateful Angel's weekend when PAB introduced its mysteries to me.....I lvoe the fact that it keeps me in touch with so many people, and gives me a glimpse into their world...

This week has been mixed and busy. The husband has been unwell with man flu and a bad back..so bad he had to stay in bed on Tuesday, and I promised to return at lunchtime and minister with soup and lemsip. Then I got a text from Dave Sh offering pizza, and I was off like a shot. Such a tart. So easy. Offer food and I'm anybody's. When I got back to the office at 2pm I rang home to explain work had delayed me (tut tut!) to find no answer. After ringing several times, and knowing I had left Clive in bed with the phone, puzzled, I rang his mobile. He answered. He had gone out. I reminded him I was about to come home specially to do his lunch. I know, he said, I've left you a note saying where I have gone....so I stopped feeling guilty about not driving home in the pouring rain to be a good wife.....

His back got worse and on Thursday I was curled up on the sofa having my post-work nap when the phone rang. It was Clive from the car. Can you help me get out, I'm stuck? So I went out to try and prize him out of his sporty Peugeot bucket seat. Perhaps it's time, now he is 60 to buy a car he can get in and out of.

He managed to go to work Friday because I dressed him and put on his socks and shoes. He has reluctantly at last made a doctor's appointment for Monday, but only because he 'has the time this week.' I explain he will have all the time in the world if he can't move..and they say women are illogical.....

12 comments:

Rainbow dreams said...

men are never logical when ill!!! lol

hope he gets better soon - Katie
x

Caroline said...

what is it with you and men with bad backs?

love the pizza story :)

1 i z said...

Ooh Caroline, you took the words out my mouth!

Caroline said...

missing you. lots. you've got to blog too you know!

Kathryn said...

Where are you, Sally? We need you....
Blog soon, all is forgiven xxx

Rainbow dreams said...

Hi Sally, hope all is ok Katie x

1 i z said...

Nearly Time for a little blog surely?

Miss you. Miss your blogs.

You could always tell the story about the nasty person who inadvertently made you cry on your birthday...

Rainbow dreams said...

Happy belated (obviously) Birthday xx

Caroline said...

sally, cooo-eeeeee are you there? where are you sally? i'll count to ten and if you don't come out I'll set that horrid birthday bully on you.
1

2

3

Stuart said...

Look its been so long now that even I have a right to make comment and that's saying something!

Rainbow dreams said...

where have you gone to Sally??

Caroline said...

4
5
6
7
8
9
10
that's it. i've had enough. not checking any more.
pah.
part time bloggers.
who needs them?