Friday, November 30, 2007

More on that weekend away....

It was the Operation team's weekend away..then a couple of years ago, Programming joined us. Someone came up with the new name of the PrOps weekend..what a suitable name..after all, between us, we do 'prop' up the festival. Good that we are all together, and the links that are being made, and the light bulb moments that are happening: 'Oh, is that what you do? Oh, gosh, is that what happens? Oh, you have that information then?', I suspect that in a year or so we will wonder how we ever used to put on the festival without the two groups meeting up!

The downside, if you can call it that, is how big the group has got, and I do miss the small group of 14 of us who used to be holed up in a bunk house in North Yorkshire, almost 10 years ago when this weekend away was born..I suppose we were the early pioneers....the wagons and horses seem a long time ago now.....


But given that the week leading up to the weekend was not a good one for me, and ended up with me 'losing it' big time with a certain person (losing it means tears, shouting and broken crockery, but no-one was hurt..well, I cut myself picking up the pieces and bled a lot...and after when I looked down there were large coffee stains all over my white t shirt..I thought I had missed my mouth when drinking, but D pointed out drily that I should have checked the cup was empty before I threw it....) but the stupid thing is that once we get time to spend together with our friends, we have a surprisingly good time...I laughed so much that weekend, like I haven't laughed so much in aged and ages..just laughed helplessly and remembered how good it can be...and I didn't get drunk either... anyway, a few pics from the hotel when we went for tea..they don't mind you wandering about, and it was all decorated for Christmas..perhaps next year we could stay there instead???

2 comments:

Merlin said...

Sorry I missed it. Kind of feel out of the loop now (and past history somewhat indicates I can't rely on Zippie for comprehensive updates).

1 i z said...

Ah but the lovely J does minutes these days merlin ;-)