Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Go on, smile....

The things I do for you..I promised to write about locking myself out..I did write a long blog post at the weekend, but it vanished, and you know, that just makes me so cross and I can never be bothered to write it again.


So here is the pic of the boots I bought at my shoe party, but you don't get the whole story..except the knee length red suede ones were to die for..but I couldn't zip them all the way up.....sob...


The next day I was at my desk reading e-mails when I realised I had 5 minutes to get to an important meeting. I ran out and got there just in time, but when I returned at 4.30pm I found the lights on but no-one home. N had gone to do a visit and left for the day. My keys were tantalisingly visible on my desk....I went to the office across the road where they keep a spare key for us..mmm..we must have borrowed it and not taken it back...nothing for it but to go to M&S, buy a microwave meal for one and head for the bus stop. Except I was cold and tired and I reached the taxi rank first....door to door, that's my style.


It all went wrong after that, the state of the kitchen upset me and I collapsed, as mentioned in my previous blog. It was serious, weeping, collapsing, feeling alone as a best friend I wanted to ring was off limits, and I was finding it really, really tough...


I rang my secretary to borrow her office key. With all the lights on, my keys visible, not to mention my laptop, I knew I couldn't leave the office that way all night. Oh, I forgot, she was in London a the Opera. (Can't get the staff..) N is not local, I didn't want to ask her to come back so late.


About 9 o'clock I stopped crying long enough to think to ring M, my Chair. He has a key. He also knew when I spoke on the phone that I was crying. I said I was ok, and would come round for his office key. He said ok. I took time hunting for my spare car key, in the chaos that is my house at the moment. I eventually found it and went outside to get in the car and go and pick up the office keys. Except my car was not there. Panic. I looked in the car port. I checked the street. More panic. And then it dawned on me....I had come home in a taxi cos my car keys were locked in the office..my car was still in town.....


I had to go back in and ring M and snivel, and say, sorry i am so stupid, I can't come and collect the keys because....he said, I'll be round. He drove me to the office, I got my keys, locked up and then he drove me round until I remembered where I had parked my car...and he employs me to run the charity.....


Oh i forgot to mention, earlier in the day I had taken my phone and charger into O2 because it wouldn't charge any more. I gave it to the boy (so young..) and complained something had broken. My phone won't charge. He took the items out the back to test. He came back, and said, the phone charges perfectly now I have scraped the melted chocolate off the connector bit....oh. Must have been in my pocket....

3 comments:

Caroline said...

lololol i love you
hug.
hope you're ok
thanks for your texts and messages
love you.
take care

1 i z said...

I'm thinking that this is not the first time that Sally has thwarted a technological gadget with her chocolate habit (anyone remember the saga of the M&M under the M key of the laptop?).

If only we could similarly work out the source Caroline's powers over mechanical items...

;-)

Kathryn said...

((Sally))
You are amazing and wonderful and much loved xx