Thursday, May 17, 2007

Still raining....

Thursday morning. 24 hours to go. Still raining. Where is global warming and droughts when you want them? B*gger the hose pipe ban, our lawn is now about 3' high and we can't cut it as it's too wet. Never mind, says the photographer, we can take photos on the patio. Um....haven't really got a patio....not a photogenic one....Never mind, we can take photos of you all getting ready in the bedroom....OMG....wish I had had professional house clearings/cleaners in...actually I wish I had redecorated..of course I spend far too much of my life crying when I should really be doing something useful like gardening or housework.

So what have I actually done to prepare for my daughter's wedding? Successfully lost weight? No. Made the garden lovely? No. Made the house lovely? No. But over the weekend (when it chucked it down non-stop) I did make a start on the cleaning and tidying, so things are looking better...too late to decorate....

Right, time to get up and continue clearing up and cleaning. Need to finish meals, one for here for family dinner tonight after wedding rehearsal, one to give Mec for him and his best man at his house....need to get my car cleaned at some point, as I am driving me and bridesmaids to wedding, can't put ribbon on car covered in bird crap...

Need to be finished in time for manicure and pedicure appointment for B and MoB.... good job I did all the food shopping yesterday (I am having an open house/garden on Saturday, seemed a good idea at the time!!) And Laura and I had our fake spray tans yesterday..we look fine...expecting immigration officers to call any time cos I look like I just got off the boat from India.....Laura panicked and washed hers off last night!!!

Right, 7.30am, time to get going....oh actually, just weighed myself, I have lost a little weight, but maybe that's more to do with how my stomach has been this week...not good....I'll get the immodium out for tomorrow!!!!

Looks out of window. Dammit, this is supposed to be a summer wedding. Forecast? Cloudy, showers, maybe a sunny interval. But gusts of wind up to 27 mph????? Think of Laa's hair....and my hat!!!

5 comments:

Disillusioned said...

It's a busy, stressful time. Try to be easy on yourself - I feel exhausted just reading all you are trying to tackle. are there others who can be pressganged into tidying / preparing / cleaning? No matter what the background in the photos, the focus will be your beautiful daughter - and I am confident she (and you) WILL have a wonderful day. Thinking of you.

Stuart said...

You forgot an item on your check list

251. Enjoy yourself

For goodness sake woman do I have to tell you everything!

Kathryn said...

Right there with Stuart...
None of the not-dones matter...what matters is all that love about the place...both within the family and in the new family relationships that are about to made official
I suspect there may be quite a bit of Love from other sources too.
Feel loved. Enjoy it all.
Hugs xxxxx

Disillusioned said...

Thinking of you this morning. The sun is out where we are at the moment (Bedfordshire) so am hoping similarly with you - but even if not, I am confident you WILL have a great day - enjoy!

Caroline

Merlin said...

A little windy maybe but dry. It should have been a wonderful day. Enjoy is the key.