Monday, May 21, 2007

More about the wedding....

I have not blogged much recently in general, and in particular about the wedding. There is so much!!! Laura and I enjoyed the couple of days before the Big Day itself: on Wednesday we went and had our fake spray-on tans done, that was an experience! Especially having to go round the rest of the day without wearing a bra......

We followed this by a trip to the venue, The Priory, to drop things off and check details. Then to J*hn L*wis to return the white hat (I kept the red hat) and choose some jewellery....there I am trying on necklaces....the assistant gathers it is for Laura's wedding..'Oh, when is the Big Day?' 'Friday.' 'Oh!' She gathers we don't go in for a huge amount of forward planning..I buy a necklace, and matching bracelet and earrings and finally feel ready. I must return the two necklaces bought at two other shops earlier this week or the bank manager really will be round.....

Weds evening I bought up most of W*itr*se, ironed Laa's bedding, made up her bed for her to come home to, and made the lasagnes for Thursday's 'last supper'.....

Thursday I spent all day cleaning and tidying, as mentioned in an earlier blog. I went from total panic that I wouldn't get everything done, to purposeful, deadline driven action, and when I left the house to go and get the car cleaned, it was only ten thirty in the morning and I was nearly done!!!! I bought a car full of flowers and filled every room, especially Laa's bedroom....and I bought a Wedding Day helium balloon for the morning.....

Laa came round about 1pm and helped me finish off a few things, then off we went back to the beauty spa for our manicures and pedicures. It was so relaxing I fell asleep while having my gel overlays done!!!! I have never had nails looking like this, I feel quite posh.....

I had a strange Thursday evening alone while the rest of the family went off to the wedding rehearsal..although I had been relaxed and happy for all of two days, and hadn't actually cried at all, I found myself getting a little agitated, taking it out on a friend in a phone call, and wondering why I wind myself up over little things......

It meant that when Clive, James and Laura came back to eat I was a little subdued and quiet, but no-one seemed to notice...Mec came and picked up the lasagne for him and the best man to eat whilst finishing off their speeches...he and Laa seemed very happy and relaxed....

Laa had a shower and generally had a bit of time to herself and came down in her dressing gown for a bit, before we all decided it was time for bed..I sat on her bed and offered the Night Before the Wedding Bride's Mother's Talk.....somehow we decided it wasn't needed, she had no doubts, knows what she's doing, so I left her to sleep in her own bed, her last night as as single girl....

Tomorrow, more about the wedding day, including a denial of rumours that someone who hadn't eaten and doesn't normally drink, had a glass of champagne after the service and got a little tipsy, and had to be supported at times, much to the embarrassment of her family, and the amusement of everyone else...what, the Bride's mother drunk??? Surely not......surely someone as proper as that, in a smart red outfit and hat would not lower the tone by getting tipsy and almost falling over? No...............................................

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Sally, THANK YOU for including us in the story! It all sounds so lovely and just right. Love the flowers and balloons AND ironed sheets. What a gorgeous mummy thing to do. Longing for part 2 xx