Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Big Day

We were lucky that Friday dawned warm and sunny, despite the appalling weather which had carried on right through Thursday....I was awake early and went downstairs to make Laura breakfast, when a dressing gowned figure and little excited face peeped round the kitchen door... 'I can't sleep....'

We went back up to bed, and shared breakfast while Laura opened some cards, and a small wedding gift I had bought her, a silver necklace, to commemorate the Big Day. The sun poured in the window, we were relaxed and excited....

Just before 9am Laa and I headed off to our respective hair dressers, and met up again suitably coiffured..mine in my usual bob, but nicely done! And Laa with her hair up: out only worry was the wind which was rather strong....

Arriving back home we found the only job we had left Clive and James - putting the bows and ribbons on our two cars - had not been done. Men! I suggested to James that they did it, he got a little shirty at the criticism, and vanished to pick up his girlfriend from the station, and hence to Mec's house for photographs. Laura wanted me and her to do the ribbon, but it was too windy and I didn't want her hair ruined, and why should she??? I got Clive outside, and we appeared to disagree with how to do the whole ribbon thing, with him cutting it when it didn't need it, then the bit was too short to make a good bow...I thought I would probably end up killing him, when bridesmaid Amy arrived, driven by boyfriend, who was immediately handed ribbon, bows, and scissors and told to help.

I vanished inside, to meet up with bridesmaids Amy and Rachel, and all us girlies had a break with coffee, bucks fizz and pain au chocolate....(only I had the coffee.....)

After that it was time to go upstairs and get ready: from my room, whilst putting on the red outfit, I could hear the chatter and laughter coming from Laura's room as the girls got ready...everything felt relaxed and happy....

Within minutes the photographer was here, with his fun female Russian assistant who came and helped direct in Laa's room, taking pics of us all getting her ready: good job it is a fairly large room!!!

After that we were all out in the garden - in the sunshine! - having pics taken, and the photographer commented on how we were all ready, no panic, no stress, and we were all having fun. I was just overwhelmed at how beautiful Laura looked: couldn't take my eyes off her.....

Clive and I were directed for a photo together, holding hands, and looking into each other's eyes....'Not used to doing this' or similar was Clive's comment: Russian lady told me to pinch his bum to make him smile...oh dear....

There was a short time left: did anyone want lunch? No, but I managed to persuade all to have banana each to keep them going......









Altho I cleaned and tidied every room to within an inch of its life, the photographer only went in Laa's bedroom and the garden. But how nice to enjoy a spotless house - my bedroom has never been so tidy! It actually added to the enjoyment of the day. I swear I will keep it like this for ever!!!!!

I will save stories of the rest of the day for another blog..but I will add one more pic..by popular request...here it is:

7 comments:

Kathryn said...

Oh YES! It's gorgeous, - dress, jacket, hat and most of all Sally...but then the whole thing sounds wonderful, as you might expect with you pouring so much of yourself into making the day special.

Rainbow dreams said...

Sally - you look gorgeous...

and so do the others..
thanks for letting us see the outfit, what a lovely incredibly special day

Disillusioned said...

Agree with the above statements - you all look superb!

1 i z said...

Hubba hubba - who's the honey in the red dress?

Glad it went well - you all look fabulous!

Caroline said...

fantastic! you look so good. Red hat was a great decision. stunning.
glad it went so well and that Laa wanted - and enjoyed and let you be so involved and mummyish for your very beautiful daughter. speciakl, very special.

Stuart said...

Oh why i am I always the last to comment? All the good things have already been said, so I'll just have to echo all of the above! See you soon. xxx

sally said...

Well done, Stu. The rest of the blokies who read this blog and who occasionally comment, were letting the side down by not joining in discussions on wedding outfits, hats and the like. Shame on them.