Saturday, September 09, 2006

Work, Scones and a festival...

Yes, that was Wednesday evening..I had promised to make 100 scones for our large Fundraising Tea Party on Sunday afternoon..I had been meaning to make them for weeks, but something always seemed to get in the way..on Tuesday evening the problem had been a lack of flour, and the little I had was crawling with small brown creatures...I know they would have added protein..but I didn't want to poison everyone....so here I was in the kitchen on Wednesday evening with just one evening to make all 100 scones (leave things until the last minute?? Not me!)

I think I have mentioned the PMT earlier..I know it's a bit of a joke, but I was all over the place, disjointed, dyspraxic, messy, untidy, and the piece de resistance was knocking the flour all over the floor after 50 scones, so any more were out of the question.....

So after a stressful morning's work with loads and loads to do, I left early, bought flour, and had the most manic afternoon, given that I wanted to leave the house by 4pm.....if I had videoed it, I could have sold it.....I was making and baking scones in the kitchen, in batches of 15, about every 15 minutes..I was in the bathroom applying dye to my hair, which had various timings to be adhered to...and I was ironing in the dining room..all three activities were taking place simultaneously, with me rushing to the appropriate room depending on the time....another 50 scones were made and not burned, my hair turned dark brown, ironing and packing were done, and I left at 4.30pm. Not bad. Did I have everything??? I hoped so.....

When I arrived at the site of the Sugar Hill Blues Festival, at 6.15pm, the sun was shining, the caravan was waiting, and John W had the barbecue going..what more could I ask for? These were some of the views awaiting me..... Sugar Hill...by day...and night...

4 comments:

1 i z said...

I have the most wonderful image of you with hair dye in, flour stuck on top, with iron in hand...

Pictures of Sugar Hill look great...wish I could have been there with you all.

Caroline said...

i can't beleive that with 50 scones to go you went to a shop and bought flour and not 50 scones.

or that you hadn't already bought 100.

surely that's what sainsbury's/ tescos/ morrissons/ the local bakery is for?

Rainbow dreams said...

pure admiration - I'd have been in for buying them as Caroline has already said! Sugar Hill looks lovely - and you've also reminded me I should sort the ever increasing grey out too!

Kathryn said...

Very Important Question. Did you get to the dye in time? I once got clobbered by a phonecall at crucial stage, and ended up definitely burgundy..which hadn't been the intention. Very proud of your domestic goddess status, though. 100 scones! Staggering :-)