Friday, September 29, 2006

Still busy...


After my 'Too Busy To Blog' Blog explanation, life has continued apace.... I went to my annual regional two day conference at Madingley Hall, Cambridge (pictured) and it is always special, meeting up with work colleagues from around the region, good food, good company, a quiz - my team won: the prize? Chocolates!!!!! And we were accused of taking it too seriously!!!!!

Good training, and above all, the most beautiful surroundings, formal gardens, a walk, a pond, a lake, and we were blessed with the most stunning weather, blue skies and sun. The only complaint is that 2 days was not enough.

Back to work to get on with Annual report, getting the accounts done, which involved a few evening meetings with my Chair, and lots of hard work in the office....my staff have had lots of tea and cake to keep them going...


Then, on Tuesday, a special night out..to celebrate my first born's 30th birthday.....oh how I feel old, but hey...that's life..it was a celebration..he is lovely... he is now in New York having a birthday holiday - for 12 days! - with his new lady.....I hope he is very happy....

Now today, is My AGM, speech almost written, reports printed, sandwiches ordered,,hope people turn up..then after, after a pretty stressful two weeks, I can come home, pack, and head up to Peterborough for the weekend, and relax and spend it with dear, dear friends. Can't wait! Here's hoping I am in the hotel pool by 6.30pm!!!!

Time to get up and do some ironing and see if there is anything I can fit into....
And can I say, as if all that wasn't enough excitement, what with the wedding, I am so excited about the card I have made for the bride and groom! So excited! Don't tell them! Then...then..after a relaxing Sunday, on Monday........(an urgent funding bid to write at work, ugh) but..guess what? Jill and I are going to Wembley to see Will Young!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Have a fab time, give Pab and Emma a hug from me, and share other hugs liberally on my behalf too!