Friday, September 01, 2006

Oh, not as thin as I was!!!

The first few days of GB I was running around and hardly eating, and lost more weight....as the festival wore on, I was still running around, but I ate more, an what I did eat wasn't necessarily healthy!! fish and chips, toasty sandwich, pie, waffles and ice cream...and lots of lvoely cappucinos from the very lvoely real coffee stand near Front Desk.....all very lvoely but hardly a vegetable in sight! So I have put on a little...But I'm sure I'll lose it if I stick to healthy things....I didn't eat any pasta at GB and really missed it, so have been making up for that...

Other GB highlights....going to see Andy Thornton, whose songs I love..didn't cry at the first one, which usually sets me off, but made it until the fourth song which he wrote when his wife died....that did it..but then there was a song written when he met his new girlfriend,..all his songs are so full of emotion so beautifully expressed....it has made me get out the CDs and listen all over again!

Of course the real, real highlight has to be when I discovered, through chance conversation on the last night, that members of my front desk team liked folk music and singing, and played the guitar..I had brought my guitar, planning to sing at the folk club, but it just didn't happen, and so it laid unplayed under my desk...when the team heard there was a guitar, they insisted it came out, along with my songbooks which enabled everyone to join in..so on the last night, when others were thinking the party was at the organic beer tent, it was really with the crowd at Front Desk, singing their hearts out (not even a noise complaint from production could still our enthusiasm..)

Shaun made a capacity notice for the door (max 5) and George managed the queue. Chris, my newest, youngest and most gorgeous member of the team (ok, ok, I know he is only 22, far too young..) requested Streets of London, saying he lvoed that song, and when I realized he was actually serious, and not taking the mick, we all sang it, yes Streets of London, and I had to stop myself from climbing over the desk and having his babies there and then.....

2 comments:

Caroline said...

oh if only i'd known. i'd have been there sally. really. noce warm bed at home would have paled into utter significance in the face of such a prospect....

1 i z said...

oh.

my.