Friday, November 11, 2005

Third time lucky.....

This is the third time I have tried to post this blog, once blogger crashed on me, then the whole pc seized up, so here goes. In response to Caroline's blog on whether she worries about herself enough...I came out of work on Weds evening (and it was dark, may i say in my defence) and looked down the road to find my car. Where did I park it this morning? Have I been out to do any visits, and therefore have I moved it? I walk to the silver Golf I often try and get into, and then realise it's not mine. (Mine being a Polo for a start.) I carry on down the road, to the bottom, and no, my car is not there. Oh I remember now, there were no spaces this morning, I parked in the next street. So I continue down the hill to the bottom, cross the road and pass the gorgeous exotic rug shop, and turn up the next street...which is empty. Not a car to be seen.

Pause. Think. Oh it might have been yesterday I parked here. So where is it? I turn and walk back past the rug shop and back up my street, which is quite a steep hill, and I am talking to myself as I go past all the cars......no, not mine, can't think where I parked it, no it's not here, has it been stolen? All the way to the top now, and no....(puffing abit now) ...except what is parked right outside the office door? And I mean right outside..yes, my car. Am I losing the plot? As Caroline says, I should worry about myself a lot more..unless, of course, you want to do it for me......

5 comments:

Kathryn said...

Sorry, love, but that's insufficient grounds for worry...I've been losing my car pretty regularly for years, and once got into someone else's 2CV and was preparing to turn on the ignition when I realised that the unnatural cleanliness of the interior could not in any way be associated with a Fleming lifestyle.

sally said...

It was the baby seat in the back of the Golf that gave it away for me......

1 i z said...

I worry about all all of you...not tht it does much good it seems [rolls eyes]

Kathryn said...

Sally...I need a fix! Please blog...it's bad enough Caroline being in furrin parts without you going all strong and silent on us. Please. Your public needs you ;-)

1 i z said...

What K said!!!