Sunday, September 02, 2007

And there's more....

..like Liz says, it's hard to capture GB in a few posts.....so much of it was good...I lvoe build week before the public come on site and it's just 'ours'...I lvoed having friends to eat in the caravan on Monday night, seven in all I think, plus DC and me, we cooked (I think I cooked, DC just got in the way) I rememer one friend watching us cooking and the banter and laughing and saying we should be on tele doing a cooking programme....our meal had an Italian theme, garlic bread, pasta and everything.....

Then the big team meal on the Tuesday, 23 of us in the Turkish, eating fit to bust....Wednesday it was the Rising Sun, ate inside tho, couldn't face the 'unbearable cold'....

Then Thursday, with all the busyness, we thought it best to get a Chinese takeaway and eat it in the Production office..it took over an hour to order and have cooked, we were buying for 9 people, honest, I think DC overordered a little, we must have fed 30 people and there was still some left......

Then the festival itself..or what I saw of it...meant to see Billy Bragg, missed him....meant to see Iaian Archer, nearly missed him.... meant to see Cathy Burton, missed her, missed my lunch often too..until I told my buddy (or one of them) I hadn't eaten all day, then he noticed....must find a buddy like Liz's who makes sure she eats and sees things....

But we did see them...lovely people, in the Ops meeting..the meercat (anyone take any pics of me and the meer cat? No? oh, ok.) and Iain...and Martin....wonderful, wonderful moments...real, talented singers, who don't need big stages, or lights, or makeup, or a backing track...they can just stand there, close up, in day light and sing......and improvise....heaven in the ordinary indeed....

1 comment:

Merlin said...

martyn Joseph especially, improvise, sing and just be happy. He is wonderful. Leading to me doing what I don't normally do. When I saw him an hour or so later I had to go up to him, say thank you and shake his hand. I said it in my blog, I will repeat it now, we are blessed.