Friday, October 17, 2008

Words to describe a week in the life of......

Monday... not a good day... forgot my phone... got cross with someone... got upset with someone... too upset to go into an important meeting... tears... shouting... talking... am I being lied to still? What am I supposed to do here? Who am I in all this? A feeling of calm after the storm...

Tuesday... busy training volunteers... a good day.. better than the day last week when I felt crap and depressed and tearful and was training on...depression... !! this week values and attitudes, prejudices, class, culture, interesting stuff coming from the group... then a business planning meeting all evening, hard work, but we got somewhere..who will write up the business plan? Oh, that'll be me then...

Wednesday.. heard I have a new training role in the national organisation... doing 6 days a year induction training.. means a three night residential in... Cheltenham!!! in November... things are looking up... went swimming late on, instead of going in the chilly lane pool as usual, Viv and I went in the casual pool, free of children..it was gloriously warm and relaxing, chilled music was playing, and we swam and relaxed, and watched the men gathering at one end of the pool and going into the steam room together... mmmm...

Thursday, feeling better, sleeping better, getting through work... went to my counselling..didn't cry! Yay!

Friday, spoke at a lunch on how my bereavement counselling helped me, in support of the charity which provided it. Sat with a Solicitor, a Vicar, a Bishop and a Lady. Asked the Bishop if he had ever been to Gre*nb*lt! He hadn't... was on good form..think I spoke well, with humour but honesty.. people were moved... touched... I felt brave... then walked back to the office and thought, I could do with a hug...I had a cup of tea and a biscuit instead... did some work, then had my hair cut. Went home. Dyed it chocolate brown. It might look crap but it tastes yummy....

Feeling ok. Sad, but ok. Life will go on.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

ooooooooooooooooh
Cheltenham in November
When?
Can we meet?
Supper? Drink?? Hugs???

Caroline said...

huggggggggs
xC