Thursday, May 01, 2008

What else has been happening?


So what else have I been up to during the last couple of months when I was in blog silence???


1. Went to the cinema with V. saw The Bucket List with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman. Very good, very funny, very moving. Recommend it.


2. Took on a new member of staff who started at the beginning of March. At last. We had to reorganise the office and put in another desk, now I have staff team of three. Much needed extra help.


3. Went to C's celebratory party in Bristol. It rained. But we partied, and ate, and shopped and had a ball.


4. Went to the cinema with R. Saw Juno. Loved it. Different. Loved the quirky music. I had a cappucino in the holder one side of me, and a carton of M&Ms (what else!) in the other. I sipped and dipped....and dipped and sipped...and engrossed in the film, made a mistake and instead of putting my hand in the pot of form shiny M&Ms, I felt unexpected warm froth instead, which scared me. I held up my frothy fingers and R had to get her hankie out and clean me up. See I still need a mum.....


5. Had my first pay cheque from SAND after meeting with the accountant. Feel I have earned it.....


6. Went to court and lost my licence. Suddenly my life-style is greener. I walk more. And it seems to be colder, and rain more, or is it my imagination???


7. Went to see Jethro Tull in concert. Brill evening. Old friends and new friends. me and three blokes. In my element. Had fun. Went to the pub after (had coffee....) offered to drive back..wasn't allowed.....


8. Went to GB Ops day..good to see old friends...good to get a few hugs in....


9.Went to see the musical 'Wicked' in London. Slept a lot. Don't bother. save your money.


10.Went to see Kate Rusby at the Cadogan Hall in London. Now that was a good evening....


4 comments:

Merlin said...

You've sen both Jethro Tull and Kate Rusby. Now I AM jealous.

sally said...

Well, some of us are hip and cool, Merlin, and some are not.....

Merlin said...

Not sure if you thought I was being sarcastic. I wasn't. I had both of those down on my wish list. Just other things got in the way. Next time let me know if you are going to see them. I've only seen Jethro Tull twice and would love to again.

Rainbow dreams said...

Kate Rusby and Juno - want to see both sometime... our cinema is so crap.. and I have to come to England to see live music...!