Tuesday, May 27, 2008

They're in!

If you compare this picture of the kitchen with the one on the blog below, you will see a slight difference..Amy cooking us some lunch!! Yes, after six months of hard graft, they are in their flat...not totally finished... we spent a cold, wet, gale force winds Bank Holiday Monday in the flat while James and Clive did a few more jobs, Laa, Amy and me lounged about and watched 'The Sound of Music' on the TV..well, it had to be done, they had never seen it, and it's just a classic!! They also had to admit that despite trying, there was nothing else on worth watching....they tolerated my adoration for this classic childhood favourite..but when I joined in the songs..well you have to, don't you, James came and told me I was spoiling it for the other children, and would I please keep quiet.....why is, when the nun sings 'Climb Every Mountain..til you find your dream,' I had tears in my eyes, and the others are wetting themselves laughing at the corniness of it?? Oh, I forgot to mention, son in law Mec was there, and he had to suffer it too.... and I think, from the look on his face for the whole 3 hours, suffer was the word. he should have just thought of his Favourite Things.....

5 comments:

Caroline said...

perhaps thinking of his favourite things wouodn't have been quite appropriate in front of his wife's father...

Disillusioned said...

They'd NEVER seen The Sound of Music?
It definitely had to be done!

(You can come over and watch it here any time, and I'll join you in the singing! Actually, have you ever been to a "SingalongaSoundofMusic? I really want to sometime - now there's a possibility!)

Rainbow dreams said...

welcome back - although I am probably very late in that!
the kitchen looks good :)

Kathryn said...

So glad the flat is more or less sorted...and that those deprived children have now completed their education.
With me, its when the mother superior starts quoting "You shall go out wit joy.." The rest of it now seems tired (oh I so wanted to be Liesel and wear a pink dress and dance in that conservatory with my Beloved...) but somehow...

Rainbow dreams said...

hi just popping by to say hello and hope you're ok, x