Sunday, April 27, 2008

And another thing....

When I told Stuart I had blogged, he rushed to read it, and then sent a message, phew, I thought you were going to dob me in.....no, Stuart, it was never my intention to write about how you took me out to lunch in Manchester, and then after we had left, and walked about half an hour in the pouring Manchester rain, you turned to me and said, 'Um, Sal, did you pay for the lunch?' 'Um, no Stuart, I thought you did.' 'No.' So back we walked through the pi**ing rain, back to the nice people in the pub, where I said, 'My friend, the vicar here, would like to apologise for leaving without paying....' and so Stuart paid up, and to our amusement, they hadn't batted an eyelid that we had left without paying, and were unimpressed we had returned...all very understated.....

But we had a good day, which included an interesting and enjoyable visit to an art gallery right in the centre..all made of glass...photos here, it's just the name that escapes me....oh yes, Urbis, it's bigger inside than it looks from the pics, and the lift goes diagonally, it's dead cool....

2 comments:

Rachel said...

hahaha! that is funny - you have to be careful of those clergy folks, they'll lead you astray! :-)

Nice to have you back - though I've only been back online reading blogs and starting to blog again for a week or so!

Disillusioned said...

Very funny!

Good to see you posting again.