Saturday, July 30, 2005

Yes, it's time!

This morning, sitting at my laptop, at my parents' house in Bristol, at the disgusting hour of 6am because I can't sleep, I was reading other blogs, and just decided it was time again........to re-create my blog..the same but different. I feel I am holding my breath and typing quietly so no-one can hear...it feels so daring...but, anyway, I'm back.

Some of you know, some of you don't, why my last blog disappeared suddenly overnight - to cut a long story short, I had problems with work and was suspended, subject to a disciplinary process and was re-instated with a written warning on my file, because my blog was seen as a gross breach of confidentiality. I don't want to discuss this on my blog; my place of work will not be named again - deleting my blog made me very sad but I was given no choice.

The process was extremely painful and the shock waves are still reverberating at work...but it is still a job I love and I am doing to the best of my ability. Anyone who wants to know more must e-mail me separately!

I deleted my blog around May 12th - my last entry was May 9th, the day I was suspended and sent home. The shock, the pain, the awfulness of discovering what had led to this..when I thought I was sharing my work in order to give a better understanding of what I do and how much it means to me: inadvertently I had shared too much and others didn't view it in the same positive light...

Still, it's a learning curve, but others please be warned, be careful what you say in your blog because it is in the public domain and anyone can access it from anywhere at any time....

A brief update of the last three months - the day after I was reinstated in my job, my father collapsed at home and was taken to hospital. Four weeks later he died, once again, like my mum, suddenly, and before we could get there. Oh the joy of your mobile ringing while you are driving down the M4 to be told you are too late......

Today, five weeks on, I am here with my brother and our spouses, to continue the process of clearing the house in Bristol, and getting it ready to sell. This weekend is serious clearing - a skip will arrive soon, for the rubbish, and later on today we will instruct an agent to put it on the market, subject to probate. The years of driving to Bristol every weekend will soon be over..and not a moment to soon..I have to share with you the fact that since April I have clocked up 4 speeding tickets, totaling 12 points on my license, and I am probably going to court to plead for them not to take my license away! I could lsoe my job!!!! And I thought my little 1.2 polo was safe....mind you, one ticket was got in a certain Landrover Discovery....

Anyway, here I am, back blogging, but maybe not so often, and not so detailed! But back any way. Hello.

6 comments:

1 i z said...

Excellent!!!!

I'm doing a little happy dance because Sally's back!!!

We've all missed you so much.

Caroline said...

hello! love you! huge happy hugs and smiles and bounces and wheelies and aaaarghhhhhhh ok, may be one less wheelie!

Kathryn said...

Sally's blogging, hooray
Sally's blogging, hooray
Sally's blogging, everybody
Sally's blogging, hooray!

(to the tune of "Hippo birdie 2 u"

So glad you're back love...It felt so odd being cut off like that.
Hugs xxxx

sally said...

Kathryn, I do so worry about you sometimes...xxxx

Rachel said...

:) glad to see you here again too!

Stuart said...

Fantastic, super, great, brill, love you!